1. Which one are a group of Anti-metabolites?
2. Which one of the following agents are narrow spectrum antibiotics?
3. Which one of the following is a protease inhibitor?
4. Which is the most likely to cause pancreatitis?
5. Which of the following group of antibiotics show(s) time-dependent killing?
6. The symptoms of malaria can be alleviated by suppressing the blood schizonticides. Which one of the following terms is used to describe this?
a) Causal Prophylaxis
b) Radical Cure
c) Suppressive Cure
d) Suppressive Prophylaxis
e) Terminal Prophylaxis
7. Which one of the following anti-malarial drugs is a blood schizonticide against all four types of malarial parasites, is gametocidal against all forms except Plasmodium Falciparum and is also used for suppressive prophylaxis but is not active against liver stage malarial parasites?
8. Which one of the following is a proliferation signal inhibitor?
Answers 1. e 2. a 3. d 4. a 5. d 6. c 7. b 8. d
Read ‘Nauman’s Textbook of Pharmacology’ (3rd Edition)
For many more MCQs (4500 MCQs) divided into units, chapters, and topics read:
‘Learning Pharmacology from Nauman’s MCQS’
For comprehensive classification of drugs:
One thought on “Pharmacology MCQs-Chemotherapy”
Question 5 the answer is penicillin
Drugs exhibiting time dependent killing are beta lactams and vancomycin
For concentration dependent killing are fluoroquinolines aminoglycosides and metronidazole